If you suffer from premature ejaculation, you’ll know it hits you at the very core of your self esteem, your self image and you may feel like you’re not a “real man”. In this article we’ll discuss what premature ejaculation is (and isn’t), physical exercises you can do that’ll improve your sexual performance and solutions for premature ejaculation that’ll help you stop premature ejaculation permanently.
Definition Of Premature Ejaculation
If you’ve ever wondered “what’s premature ejaculation”, or what does premature ejaculation mean here’s a really good definition of it. According to the Mayo Clinic
“Premature ejaculation occurs whena man ejaculates sooner during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like”
Source: Mayo Clinic
Premature Ejaculation Signs
- Ejaculating very quickly after being aroused, maybe even before penetration happens
- Even if you succeed at penetrating, being unable to last longer than one minute before ejaculating
There are two main types of premature ejaculation
- Lifelong – in other words it’s been there always, right from your very first sexual encounter
- Acquired – this normally tends to happen after a traumatic sexual experience and because its happened once, you can begin to worry about it happening again which then makes it happen again.
For people who have a lifelong problem, it would be advised to visit a doctor or urologist for specialist advice.
Cause Of Premature Ejaculation
The primary cause of premature ejaculation is anxiety. Many men will talk about that link between premature ejaculation and anxiety and will speak about being anxious about sexual encounters. There are many reasons for anxiety about sexual performance
- Inexperience – if it’s your first sexual encounter, or if you haven’t had many sexual partners, or if you haven’t had sex in a long time.
- Negative Comparison – eg “what I don’t measure up the the performance of the last guy?”
- Negative Beliefs About Sex – religious beliefs that make you feel you are doing something wrong or beliefs you picked up from parents or from society about sex.
- Fear Of Failure – some people regard anything less than perfect performance as failure
- Fear Of Embarrassment – sex is an intensely personal thing
- Overthinking – if you are in the habit of overthinking everything, then it’s difficult not to do it about sex also which of course can cause anxiety
There are, of course, other things that can cause premature ejaculation like depression, past sexual abuse, poor self / body image, stress in your current relationship or even trying for a baby.
Affiliate Disclaimer: There are adverts in this article which are affiliate links – in other words I earn a small commission from the vendor if you click on the link and subsequently purchase from that vendor. This is at no extra cost to you. The commission is paid to me by the vendor. I personally use these products and am personally satisfied with them. However, the vendor is solely responsible for their customer relationship with you.
How To Stop The Premature Ejaculation
If you are wondering how to stop premature ejaculation, have a look at all of the causes listed above. Close your eyes for a moment (if its safe to do so) and imagine how you would be thinking if you were cool and calm and confident about sexual intercourse. I’m guessing the following would be true
- Looking Forward To It – you’d be looking forward to it, you’d probably hear your internal voice saying “bring it on!”
- Embarrassment Wouldn’t Even Enter Your Mind – you’d feel so confident in your body’s ability to perform you’d probably even laugh if anyone said “would you be embarrassed?”
- Flooded With Success Thoughts – you’d imagine sex would last quite a long time and that you’d be totally up for it. Thoughts of failure would seem ridiculous – they’d never even enter your mind.
- Sex Is Great – you’d have no hangups about sex. It would be regarded as natural and great fun.
- You’d Feel Like You’re The Best – you’d have an unspoken belief that any other guy out there would be lucky if he could keep up with you in the bedroom.
All of these are just beliefs, not facts. So in order to help you to change those beliefs, you may need to talk to a premature ejaculation therapist or if you’d prefer, you can listen to my self hypnosis recording and change those beliefs for yourself.
Can Premature Ejaculation Get You Pregnant?
The simple answer is “yes”. Long before a guy ejaculates, there is a liquid that oozes in small amounts from the penis called pre-ejaculate. This contains thousands of sperm. So even if you penetrate for 30 seconds and then ejaculate, that can be enough to cause pregnancy. Here is a premature ejaculation story for you to think about
- A guy and girl (lets call them Gary and Sarah just to protect their anonymity), were fooling around and having some foreplay. She gave him oral sex (a blowjob) which was over quite quickly because he prematurely ejaculated. He then kissed her passionately and then proceeded to go down on her (which she enjoyed for about ten minutes). They never actually had full sexual intercourse but nine months later Sarah gave birth to a baby girl.
- Mark and Chloe were just making out in the back of his car when she gave him a hand job. He prematurely ejaculated and it was all over her hand which she cleaned with a tissue but a little later when she was in bed Chloe closed her eyes and started dreaming about what had happened earlier and started touching herself. Nine months later, she had a baby boy.
These are true stories (names are changed to protect the identities of the individuals involved.). So even though the premature ejaculation wasn’t satisfying for the guys involved, it still was enough to get their partners pregnant.
Solutions For Premature Ejaculation
Guys the world over are looking for the answer to how to stop premature ejaculation. The great news is that because it is primarily anxiety related there are some therapies that work really well for most cases.
- Change In Sexual Behaviour – some guys have had really good success with masturbating an hour or two before intercourse so that it’s easier to delay your ejaculation
- Condoms – there are thicker condoms you can buy that mean you don’t feel the sensations of penetration as intensely. Think of it like this – more rubber, less sensation. There are also condoms specially designed for oversensitivity which contain a numbing agent much like a local anaesthetic to reduce sensitivity and help you last longer.
- Medications – in more severe case, your doctor may decide that an anti-depressant, or perhaps Tramadol or even Cialis or Viagra. Be aware that all medications have side effects so it is always best to discuss this with your doctor
- Kegel Exercises (Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercises) – it’s been found that practicing pelvic floor muscle exercises can help. I have a free download (above) that can show you what to do and how to do repetitions.
- Hypnosis For Premature Ejaculation – this is the number one home remedy for premature ejaculation. Download my self hypnosis audio (the link is below) and listen every day for thirty days – this will help change your mindset to one of calm confidence about sex rather than worry, overthinking, awkwardness, negative expectation, etc.
Is There Food That Cures Premature Ejaculation?
Apparently certain foods can help from the physical perspective of the problem
- Banana’s may help to increase your interest in sex and boost your testosterone levels
- Carrots can help by increasing blood flow to your sexual organs
- Walnuts are a great source of anti-oxidants and omega 3
Its my opinion that these cannot cure the anxiety aspect of the problem but, as they say, anything that helps!
DOWNLOAD YOUR SELF HYPNOSIS AUDIO NOW !
Listen to this self hypnosis recording every day for at least thirty days. This recording has been scripted and voiced by one of the world’s leading Clinical Hypnotherapists, Paul J Hunter, so you are assured of the highest quality and standard of recording.
Over fifteen years of experience has gone into this powerful hypnosis audio and will help
- Feel more relaxed and positive in the lead up to a sexual encounter
- Stop self-criticising and self-blaming
- End self destructive, negative thoughts or internal self talk
I’ve come across many people who suffer from premature ejaculation. One of the common traits that I notice is a tendency to self blame. I hear guys saying “what’s the matter with me?” or “I feel like I’m letting my partner down”. Perhaps the one thing that most guys who suffer from premature ejaculation definitely don’t do is self love. So have a look at this article that’ll show you How To Practice Self Love